Monday, November 28, 2011
There are numerous ways to wear scarves. Its not only a fall/winter staple but celebrities are often spotted rocking' them on summer season. It looks really great with tank top and shorts. The key is finding the right scarf. To learn everything you need to know about scarves check this site
If you've been reading my blog, you know how much I love the beach and anything sea inspired themes. Everyday I wish I am somewhere in a deserted beach reading a book with a smoothie in my hand. So while it is not possible for me to do just that, I am obsessed with buying things that remind me of the beach. Everyday, they inspire me to work harder to be closer to my dream..
Saturday, November 26, 2011
So snow days are coming but that does not mean we should just settle for pjs and snuggies. It is actually a perfect excuse to dress up to the nines. Its the holiday season and parties are everywhere so its your time to shine in these gorgeous colors: PLUM,COBALT BLUE,&DARK CORAL.Dark,rich hues that will complement the holiday cheers.
Thursday, November 24, 2011
CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS
Make your mouth water with this home made pretzels covered in delectable chocolate.So easy to make.Just wrap in a pretty package and colorful ribbon and give as a gift.
1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
2 1/2 teaspoons Water
4 oz Semisweet Chocolate finely chopped
1. Grease a cookie sheet with the vegetable oil.
2. Combine the caramels and the water in a saucepan and melt over low heat,stirring frequently,or in a covered dish in a microwave at full power,for 1 1/2 minutes.
3. Dip the pretzel nuggets, a few at a time,in the caramel and remove with a fork to the greased cookie sheet.
4. Refrigerate until caramel is firm. Melt the 3 ounces of the chocolate. Remove from heat. While the chocolate is still hot, mix the remaining 1 ounce of chocolate into the melted chocolate,in 2 additions,stirring until each addition is completely melted before adding the next.
5. Lift the caramels from the sheet and dip,one at a time,into the chocolate.
6. Coat completely and lift with a small fork.
7. Shake off excess chocolate by rapping the fork on the edge of the bowl lightly.
8. Remove any drips from the bottom by running the fork across the edge of the bowl.
9. Slide the candy onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.Allow to cool until solid.
10. Let chocolate set at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
If you have a closet full of nothing to wear, then its time to go back to basics. If you can afford it, get rid of the clothes that you haven't worn for the past 2 years. Donate it to Salvation Army or Goodwill(it's tax deductible),organize a garage sale or sell it on Ebay. Then slowly(I mean SLOWLY)build your wardrobe around the basics pictured above. Buy stuff that you can mix and much.You don't need a lot of clothes.What you need are quality pieces that you can wear forever.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
If you ever watch the show The Whale Wars, you will see how cruel mankind is. Slaughtering the most beautiful creature of the sea for selfish reasons,money. My heart breaks seeing how whales are being treated.They are now one of the endangered species of our planet. Let's do something to prevent their extinction so people in the future can still marvel at their beauty. Log in here
No,I don't mean take off our clothes. I mean luminous skin,barely there shadow and glossy lips. Perfect for everyday look. These can be achieved by applying tinted moisturizer(skip the foundation),sweeping nude shadow all over lid,apply darker shadow on the crease and blend well then put some lipgloss on your lips(and cheeks if you want!).You're all set,gorgeous!
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
We can't keep up with the Kardashians closet! The three sisters are building a multimillion dollar empire with clothes,fragrance and home collection on top of their hit reality show on E! No wonder they are busy filling in their closets with eye popping clothes,bags,and shoes. Drool...
Versace for H&M just launched and now almost everything is sold out. I read a news that a skirt priced at $68 is now selling on Ebay for $719!!! That is ridiculous.There were people in NY that camped out and some were hospitalized.How insane is that?I have yet to see the actual designs because the nearest H&M store is about 40 minutes but if I could end up in a hospital for that,then thank you I will pass.
Ever since she stepped out in that unforgettable white form fitting gown that almost stole the spotlight from her sister Kate Middleton, Pippa has been photographed everywhere she goes. The girl has great sense of style and it is evident by how she wears her clothes everyday. She is classy and elegant. No wonder paparazzis follow her every move.